Save time and money with helical piles for home elevation
Living in a coastal community provides challenges. New FEMA recommendations for flood zones have created additional stresses, particularly when affected by major weather events, such as hurricanes. Updated flood maps now provide us with an accurate view of how we can prepare for the future, but for many coastal residents these warnings have come too late. We are now faced with both finding of the most reasonable method of repair and the strongest support against future disasters. By altering the way in which we look at home construction and home repair from storm damage, we can be better prepared when natural disasters occur.
When considering the expense and time involved in a home repair and foundation elevation after a natural disaster strikes, it is a common misconception that starting from scratch is the quickest and most cost effective solution available. Elevating a home and supporting them with CHANCE® Helical Piles typically costs less than other deep foundation solutions available. Helical piles can be installed faster with smaller crews than most other piling systems saving considerable time and money throughout the process. Other factors that contribute include building code regulations are:
- Elevating a home and installing CHANCE helical piles eliminates the need to move the home out of the way to drive piles. This saves time and costs associated with the move – including permits and other approvals.
- Reduced excavation cuts down on the cost of large equipment and time.
- Timber piles require the structure to be relocated to make room for the large equipment, which adds considerable time and cost.
- Timber piles create a considerable amount of vibration and can damage neighboring structures and homes.
The method to best support and raise your house foundation varies depending on the home’s design, building codes in your area, and properties of the soil. There are several benefits for the consideration and use of helical pile technology for coastal structural home elevation and structural foundation repair. Our Trained Professionals will provide a specific plan of repair for raising your home and make recommendations using CHANCE® Helical Piles, the most trusted helical piles in the industry.
Assessing Home Damage with
Certified CHANCE® Installers
The impact of water and wind on your home is usually visually obvious. Sometimes even when your house survives a natural disaster there may be hidden structural damage. To assess potential foundation damage, be sure to:
- Check your doors and windows: If they have difficulty opening, closing, or latching, there may be problems in the foundation
- Look for cracks in the floor, walls, and ceiling, particularly at joint areas: Even hairline cracks may indicate damage
- Check for bulges or curves in the outer walls or visible parts of your foundation
- Check your crawlspace for proper drainage and look for any unusual moistness: Excess water can erode critical foundation elements
Once you’ve identified signs of foundation damage, don’t wait. The best course of action during home disaster recovery is to contact a Certified CHANCE Installer to help mitigate future risk. In many cases, elevating your home with CHANCE® Helical Piles is the most effective method of keeping it safe from future storm damage.
Work with the deep foundation experts:
Certified CHANCE® Installers
Certified CHANCE Installers receive the highest level of installation training in the industry and can offer a 30-year, fully transferable product warranty for homes elevated with CHANCE Helical Systems.
Our trained professionals offer several foundation systems for home elevation. All solutions offer a versatile continuous system that provide higher strengths in supporting the weight of your home, corrosion protection in high water tables and resistance to buckling by increasing lateral load capacities. In comparison to other deep foundation solutions such as timber piles or precast concrete piles, helical piles outperform and reduce the overall cost of repair.
To find out more about FEMA recognized and engineering approved home disaster recovery solutions for your home, contact a Certified CHANCE Installer and ask for the industry leading product warranty for your home elevation.
If you are an engineer looking for technical support or wanting to find more information about customized application design, please visit our manufacturing website at www.abchance.com.