When beginning a search for a foundation repair company, there are some things that you need to be aware of to make an informed decision. Foundation repair contractors are located all over the internet and about 250,000 foundation repairs are done annually in the US alone.
While you are searching out a foundation repair company or contractor in your area there are a couple of things that should happen.
- They will send out a trained foundation repair expert to evaluate the home, the overall foundation integrity and the cause of the problem you are experiencing.
- The company should be bonded and insured-including workman’s compensation insurance. This is a big one. You do not want a fly by night company or individual repairing your homes foundation!
- The foundation repair contractor should have a portfolio of past work done repairing foundations.
- A list of references is also recommended, as the some foundation repair projects can be quite involved.
- The contractor should provide you with a written estimate of the total cost of the repair including materials.
A couple more things: When it comes to problems with your homes foundation a professional will be required to permanently fix the problem. In order to gauge the range of costs and the different solutions that are available to you as a homeowner, we recommend you get multiple estimates. We recommend you find a local repair expert in your area that has a solid portfolio of work and that they check out with the Better Business Bureau. Avoid the headache and costs down the road. Address your foundation problems as soon as you can. A solid foundation supports the largest investment of your life – your home.